Up to £15.82 per hour
about 1 month ago
Procurement Support; 6 month contract; based in Stevenage; £15.82 per hour (plus hols)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a leading defence company based in Stevenage as a Procurement Support to the Mechanical/Electrical Purchasing Team. The role will involve liaising with Internal Customers, Bought Ledger and vendors to resolve Invoice queries and enable timely and accurate payments.
Duties will involve;
- Processing of electronic requisitions.
- Purchasing Support/Analysis
- Generation of Request For Quotation (RFQ)
- Raising of purchase orders within SAP
- Progressing of orders to ensure on time delivery to the internal customers.
- Provides support in Data cleansing of SAP to ensure accurate data collection*.
- Invoice Query Administration
- Maintain a log of invoice queries in Excel Spreadsheet
- Provide a weekly status report
- Proactive approach, flexible self-starter
- IT Literate - Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) to a proficient level.
- A working knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Educated to basic secondary level: (Maths, English to O level/GCSE/NVQ as a minimum)
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain good relations with both internal customers and external suppliers.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines in a professional manner
- Experience of working with E-Procurement (Preferably iValua) platforms desirable to raise PO's, create suppliers and conduct risk checks
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs; RFQ; invoicing; SAP