£0.00 - £30.00 per hour
8 months ago
Morson International is looking for Procurement Support for BAE Systems in Barrow In Furness.
Plan, deliver and monitor procurement activity for the specific item/scope of work assigned.
* Execution of the end-to-end procurement process i.e. delivery of information, products and services to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
* Continually review supplier performance.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
* Independently undertake transactional procurement activity including; raising Request for Quotations, negotiating price and lead times, creating and managing purchase orders, expediting delivery and managing payments.
* Undertake supplier assessment and due diligence activity to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs.
* Record and report cost savings / cost avoidance.
* Communicate with suppliers and internal / external stakeholders - resolving a wide variety of routine problems and quality issues, escalating complex / high impact issues when necessary.
* Apply awareness of risk and opportunity management to address low impact risks within contract management activity.
* Update systems such as SAP, eDMS, Teamcenter with quality, accurate information relating to the procurement activity, in accordance with document management policy and process.
* Continually review the performance of suppliers against quality, cost and delivery metrics to ensure Submarines' requirements are met and to secure improvements.
* Complete cost-forecasting for equipment within individual's scope.
* Support the team, with minimal supervision, in the preparation of material in support of major subcontract / transactional process activity, including (but not limited to): raising requests for information, issuing invitation to tenders and contract packs, stage gate presentations, supplier down-selection, managing data deliverables, supplier visits (onsite and at supplier sites), supplier relationship management.
* Knowledge of in-scope product / service being provided to ensure requirements with respect to nuclear safety and environmental management are understood and delivered/met where applicable
* Sound knowledge of procurement principles and practices
* Sound understanding of negotiation and supplier management techniques
* Sound understanding of commercial aspects of contracts (with support).
* Knowledge of in-scope product / service being procured