£365 - £375 per day
12 months ago
Subcontracts Manager required for a 4 month contract for our defence client based in Templecombe. You will be responsible for the management of suppliers within the naval defence category in support of bids, products or projects. The role will require frequent and close engagement of suppliers to ensure that requirements are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
You will ensure all subcontracts are updated accordingly. Management and development of appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance to agreed terms and conditions with the suppliers. You will also interact with internal production teams and tactical buying teams.
- Proven ability in a complex procurement environment for a comparable project (naval avionics/defence/etc).
- Track record of success in a similar role in relevant businesses or markets
- Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
- Management of internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers
- Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
- Broad range of Procurement skills focused on: Needs Analysis, Design to Cost, Make-Team-Buy, Technical Interface Management, Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management, Subcontract Management.
- Convincing written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills to optimise cross organisation working and to work effectively with Supplier(s).
- Analytical skills
- Commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills and experience including differing contracting models
- Well-developed organisational skills
- MCIPS or equivalent qualifications in other disciplines, particularly Project Management
- Knowledge of e-procurement tools
- Proven track record of working cooperatively with Engineering and R&T teams
- Track record of working within a category structure, setting strategy and delivery of results
- Proven ability in using ERP systems including Oracle (B1) and / or SAP
- Proven ability of presenting to end customers during Bid /Project Phases
- Team management, leadership and team development
- Major development/manufacture sub-contract program/project management experience
- Broad technical and commercial understanding of the Thales product and associated bought in supplied parts and services
- Ability to lead Make, Team, Buy decisions
- Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Professional qualification in related disciplines eg Project Management, Engineering, Supply Chain
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the work involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a full SC level of Security Clearance, however you will be able to start on a baseline.