Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be part of a small team that is responsible for undertaking procurement activities across the Airport including construction, Soft Services, Professional Services, I.T. and physical asset procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure projects are procured in a manner which maximises value for money, meets the needs of the Airport, comply with the Airport's governance structure and provide high levels of contractual protection.
- Ensure coordination of the sourcing and preparation of the Airports property, construction and maintenance Frameworks and contracts.
- Ensure procurement compliance with European procurement legislation, contract conformity and management of performance criteria for a range of contracts.
- Take a lead role in contract negotiation to ensure value for money and effective risk management for the Airport.
- Provide procurement support, including management of processes and eProcurement tools as required in the delivery of projects.
- Bring in appropriate expertise to make recommendations on procurement solutions to create long term investment value and growth.
- Actively contribute to the Procurement Teams growth and development.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree Level Professional Procurement Qualification
- Member of C.I.P.S (or equivalent Procurement Institution)
- Demonstrable experience of Soft Services, FM and capex procurement
- Possess high levels of commercial acumen
- Experience of undertaking competitive tender exercises utilising e-procurement systems
- Adept at reviewing tender submissions
- Experienced at leading negotiations with suppliers/contractors and other third parties in order to achieve positive outcomes for the Airport
- Experience in drafting terms and conditions of contract using model forms such as NEC3 or NEC4
- Ability to influence peer group, third parties and senior management to achieve desired results
- Up to date knowledge and awareness of procurement related developments, including legislation and regulation
- Self-motivated and deadline conscious
- Used to working in a pressurised environment
- Confident, personable with a positive attitude and customer service attributes
- Ability to plan ahead, organise and motivate the team
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Desirable - A working knowledge of EU Utility Procurement Directives would be a distinct advantage.
- Desirable - experienced and comfortable in working with internal and external stakeholders up to Board level.
- Desirable - Wide knowledge of the Business and the sector