£39.00 - £40.00 per hour
3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Specialist to join the team with our prestigious client
- Define, develop, implement and manage a commodity strategy for equipment sourcing, including risk management, to optimising the value for money to meet the requirements of the internal business lines. This shall be achieved through a Multi-Functional Team (MFT) approach.
- Manage the overall business relationship with suppliers.
- Define and lead the supplier selection process.
- Manage the contracting phase or the sourcing phase and monitor global supplier performance
- Monitor / evaluate global supplier performance, and lead development plans with suppliers.
- Leads and contributes to Procurement/ Value Creation projects & initiatives that aim at delivering the synergies and savings
- Lead the sourcing phase and supplier selection process.
- Provide equipment supply cost commitments to business proposals
- Lead supplier negotiation for his / her Commodity.
- Lead Multi-Functional Teams (MFT) for the commodity including improvement and cost-saving initiatives with supplier and specification optimisation.
- Develop market intelligence and maintain database.
- Establish, implement & monitor a Commodity strategy.
- Set-up and negotiate contractual agreements, with Procurement Contract support, including one-offs or spot buying or amendments, including waiver and claim management.
- Lead Supplier Evaluation Development (SED) and Vendor Management, manage supplier's relationship and defines action plan to develop strategic suppliers.
- Commodity and / or equipment procurement or project management within defence / space environment.
- Contract negotiation.
- Supplier development and relationships.
- Understand RF/Microwave Engineering (desirable, not essential).
- Interpersonal skills to drive projects within a cross-functional environment.
- Proactive attitude.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.