12 month contract
Possible perm opportunity
Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement program and projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans. Lead all procurement activities in assigned programs to assure readiness for pre-pilot, pilot, and execution.
Partner with Commodity teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate. Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Develop a sourcing plan that will minimize risks, generate savings through projects execution. Support Commodity teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery on projects. Work to align strategies between commodity and Strategic Business Unit (SBU) localization, plant rationalization and similar.
As Part of the Commercial Global Supply Chain Solution Team, the candidate will preferably have a strong Supply Chain (RFx, Supplier Relationship, Contract Management) and Technical background (i.e. mechanical, electrical, etc.) to purchase equipment and services. Candidate is a direct interface to our internal customers: Business Unit, Engineering, Quality and Sales Departments. Strong commercial relationship skills are required towards suppliers with the goal to provide clear, timely and innovative solutions to the organization’s requests.
An advanced level of spoken and written English, any additional language is a plus (Czech, Romanian, Polish, French, Italian, Spanish,…) is a must.
Ability to travel within Europe (10 to 20%).
- Development of sourcing & procurement strategies and plans together with Offer and Project Teams. Identify and capture the demand, identified potential suppliers and establish a communication channel towards the suppliers.
- Establish pricing, delivery, terms and conditions to satisfy financial, quality and delivery requirements
- Preparation and coordination of the RFx Process and establish sourcing strategies for suppliers and services:
- Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA)
- RFx development and preparation, definition of commercial conditions
- Solicit quotations and analyze contract proposals while leading formulation of strategy and negotiation of pricing, delivery, terms and conditions to satisfy requirements for highly complex and specialized materials, equipment, components and services.
- Analyze and evaluate all elements of cost for commodity groups to identify and obtain cost improvements. Develop strategies and tactics to maximize supplier base cost/value.
- Develop and maintain extensive relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders while mediating and resolving contract performance issues.
- Utilize the corporate Approved Supplier List Process for sourcing requirements.
- Understand all the key operational & commercial elements of suppliers such as, but not limited to: Financial Stability and Objectives, Global/Regional Presence, Available Capacity, Top customers and Top competitors and keep the Supply Chain Organization and business stakeholders informed of supplier capacity/performance and market constraints for future plans and actions
- Understanding of supplier capacity, capability and manufacturing processes compared to project technical requirements in collaboration with Supplier Performance Organization.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirement and Westinghouse´s Procurement policies and procedures
- Leading Contract preparation and purchasing process
- Manages supply and supplier commitments after purchase order or contract is made, including change and contract management. Understanding and analyzation of the entitlement and cost basis, leading negotiation, drafting agreements on changes and reflecting the change in the System (SAP, etc.)
- Support the Accounts Payables for resolution of discrepancies between the supplier invoices and the purchase orders.
- Utilization of Best-Cost Country Sourcing, with emphasis on middle/east Europe.
- BA/BS/ME degree in business or engineering with a minimum of 5 -7 years of project management experience.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in procurement
- Strong Analytic experience & Good problem-solving ability and high attitude for ownership
- Ability to maintain long term productive relationship with supplier (SRM)
- A team player collaborating with multiple regions & product lines to serve Westinghouse’s customers
- Knowledge of EMEA supplier base for the energy sector is a plus.
- Strategic & analytical orientation with ability to translate strategy into tangible operational results
- Experience in International sourcing.
- Microsoft Project Expertise or similar systems a plus
- Experience running large complex cross functional projects
- Global project management experience a plus
- SAP & Ariba or similar system experience in a global environment is beneficial