£307.00 - £374.00 per day
about 2 months ago
PLEASE NOTE : Role can worked at any of the below locations:
Morson are recruiting for a leading defence Research and Technology Centre. To provide PMO (Project Management Office) support to the Supplier and Procurement Operations team with particular emphasis on Process, Compliance and Trade Compliance. The PMO is the source of documentation, guidance and metrics. Morson are recruiting for this role exclusively.
To assist in the promotion and implementation of import compliance within the UK Procurement function in accordance with all applicable laws & regulations, Thales Group Policy and UK Export Compliance Programme.
* Group Procurement
* Data and Technology Management team
* Domain Procurement leadership teams
* UK Shared Accounting Services
* UK Quality & UK Supplier Quality Assurance
* UK Corporate Responsibility
* UK Legal Compliance
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Process and Compliance
* Process Compliance:
o Support the functional Process and Effectiveness Reviews (PER), providing content, data and analysis, work with the Data and Technology Management team to ensure KPIs are relevant and accurate.
o Monitor QUEST and CAPA status, alerting owners and escalating non progression as necessary
? Ensures all assigned CAPAs (Corrective Action Preventative Action) and the respective stages for all Internal, External and Supplier Audits will be completed in the prescribed timeframe in the CAPA, to achieve zero overdue date performance
? All assigned QUESTs will be completed in the prescribed timeframe to achieve zero overdue date performance.
o Monitor TIMS actions and quality advices, alerting owners and escalating non progression as necessary
o Monitors ERP and EACQ for process compliance
o Communicates all process updates to the function
o Contributes to the process content within Procurement ServiceNow
* Supplier Approval
o Responsible for the process to timely and compliant approval for use of all new suppliers and re approval of existing suppliers, collaborating with members of the procurement team, legal & commercial, quality and with colleagues in Thales Group
o Supports the Process and Compliance Manager in implementing the required supplier due diligence processes and tools as defined by the process.
o Ensures key data is kept up to date in the ERP or EACQ systems eg
? SME Classification
? Financial Health
? Cyber Assurance Accreditation
? ISO Certification
? Export Control
* To review and approve where necessary, all trade compliance documentation as directed by the line manager eg: CECCs, End User Statements, DSP5s and other supplier licenses, and Purchase Orders/Subcontracts/Purchase Agreements to establish trade compliance requirements and to ensure that all relevant information has been included within the associated documents.
* To proactively work with Engineering to ensure that the part classification is entered at the design phase.
* To develop, monitor and continuously improve the processes for all Procurement TC practices.
* To manage KPI`s that track Trade all Compliance requirements, missing CECCs, license management etc.
* To oversee and report on any Supplier TC infringements using the Global Trade Management tool or any other compliance reporting tools, escalating risks or actual non-compliance to appropriate management
* The physical import of technology/ software and hardware data eg:
* To undertake appropriate checks for ITAR materials (US suppliers)
* To be able to navigate and update ORACLE and the PLM (PALMA)
* To access Power BI for managing day to day activities and tracking targets.
* Work closely with the Trade Compliance team:
* Preparation for and support of internal and external audits of the Trade Compliance function as required
* To meet defined annual objectives for the Trade Compliance requirements
* To advise escalate to TC any situation liable to lead to a possible dispute or violation in relation to any compliance issue
* Monitoring, management and reporting of any actions required in order to achieve improved compliance within the function..
* In relation to export compliance programme, to apply and comply with:
* Thales Group and Thales UK policies
* The Ethics Policy of Thales Group
* The Thales Core Values
To perform any other tasks as may be reasonably required by the department Manager
Technical & Professional Skills
* Procurement process excellence
* Supply Chain compliance and governance
* Statutory and company regulatory requirements
* Data analytics, balanced scorecards, leading KPIs
* Root Cause and Corrective Action
* ISO Standards and Quality Management Systems
* Knowledge of import/export process and compliance requirements
* Experience of working in both civil and defence compliance environments
* Comprehensive knowledge of:-
o UK Export & Import Controls
o US Controls - ITAR & EAR
o Other international regulations
If this position is of interest, please apply or contract Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516. /