12 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Officer to work for a defence company based in Stevenage. The successful applicant will be proactive in their approach to work and be a flexible self-starter. A working knowledge of SAP or similar systems would be an advantage. You will have the ability to effectively communicate and maintain good relations with both internal customers and external suppliers. You must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word Power Point Excel Outlook) to a proficient level. The ability to work under pressure to deadlines in a professional manner is also required.
Duties will involve;
- Processing of electronic and manual requisitions.
- Compiling supporting data packs using in-house data management system (Matrix) .
- Use of SAP to raise request for quotations (RFQ)
- Creating Excel spread sheets to assess the data to aid supplier selection process.
- Raising of purchase orders within SAP.
- Progressing of orders to ensure on time delivery to the internal customers.
- Purchase order amendment in line with changing delivery forecasts post order acknowledgment.
- Maintain dialogue with internal customer to ensure topical delivery forecast are maintained.
- Liaise with both Bought Ledger and vendors to resolve Invoice queries and enable timely and accurate payments.
- Data cleansing of SAP to ensure accurate data collection.
- Distribution of monthly reports to vendors and ensuring correct reason codes are annotated, enabling accurate reports for delivery and quality purposes.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.