Crawley, West Sussex
£18.00 - £20.00 per hour + LTD
25 days ago
Morson International is looking for Procurement Officer / Planner Buyer for our client based in Crawley,West Sussex.
Main purpose of the job:
The management of purchasing requirements, for subcontract repairs. Ensuring that all requirements are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Using the appropriate business systems, convert demands into requisitions and purchase orders in line with Purchasing and Export Control, policies and procedures.
- To manage order books for all purchased items, giving regular updates to relevant parties of delivery forecasts, pricing and status of any issues.
- Ensure availability of appropriate documentation.
- Provide regular inputs to Program Management teams.
- Engage and communicate efficiently with internal customers and other functions as necessary.
- Comply with Export Control guidelines and policies
- Any other duties as may be required
Experience and skills:
- Understanding of Purchasing and Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to use, on line integrated Purchasing and Inventory Control Systems.
- Experience in a purchasing capacity in a repair or production environment, dealing with a complex supplier base, managing UK and International suppliers would be an advantage
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy, together with IT, customer service and communication skills.
- Experience of managing suppliers
- Experience of managing stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of Shipping, Export Control and Logistics.
- Ability to use appropriate problem solving tools.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.