Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire
6 months ago
Title: Procurement Officer
I am currently assisting a global production automation business recruit a Procurement Officer, to enable the ongoing support that the company offers into the Aerospace/Aviation sector.
- Accountability for day to day purchasing activities ensuring that parts are delivered on-time to suit customer requirements. From raising the Purchase order to the delivery of the product into stores ensuring availability for production within the required timescales
- Interpreting drawings and specifications and following rules in order to conform with our accreditation's
- Manage cost reduction, reduce in-house transactions whilst still optimising inventory levels to ensure product availability
- Responsible for Contracts Management incl negotiation, contract drafting, SRM
- Initiating invitation to tender/bid qualification
- To manage supplier relationships in a strategic manner to ensure continuity of supply and ensure commercial terms are suitable for the long term aims of the business.
- Promote supplier relationship management and actively engage with key suppliers to address issues and identify potential opportunities to further develop collaboration and deliver continuous improvement of supplier performance (e.g. Costs, Service and Quality)
- To manage tender and negotiation process for new contracts and contract renewals.
- Proven track record in purchasing and negotiation skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of world class Supply Chain Practices
- Strong Purchasing background with experience in Procurement in an Aviation/Aerospace environment
- Proven track record of cost savings and vendor performance improvement
- Strong Vendor Management skills
- Solid background in supply management, with strong discipline in supplier cost avoidance
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years' relevant Procurement/Supply Chain experience, ideally gained within the Aerospace/Aviation sector, although Manufacturing, Engineering and other Supply Chain may also be of interest
- Possess comprehensive IT/systems knowledge, including exposure to SAP
- Demonstrate first rate interpersonal and customer/supplier engagement skills
- Working towards full MCIPS qualification
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on 01617-.071-.516