Up to £14.38 per hour
about 1 month ago
A Procurement Officer is required to support a Procurement Manager with purchasing activities for our client BAE Systems in Yeovil.
The role will involve the provision of a high quality Procurement service to the designated area of the business through:
- Proactive and sustained engagement in bids, tenders and contracts within the designated area, including close and collaborative working with Commercial / Project Management
- Responsible for management of supplier sourcing & selection process for a given requirement
- Lead negotiations and 'close deals' with supplier representatives within the designated area of the business for all contractual agreements e.g. Sub-Contracts, Licence, Confidentiality Agreements and provide proactive procurement management thereof
- Ensure application of governance to all Procurement activities as appropriate.
- Create & issue sub-contracts / purchase orders in support of delivering the project requirements
- Develop Supplier relationships to increase competitiveness and mitigate risk.
This role requires a broad knowledge of Procurement & Supplier management. Sub-contract creation - including terms & conditions in defence environment. Good business, market and competitor knowledge in order to contribute to strategy formulation and growth. You will have a credible track record in negotiation and delivery of sub-contracts along with experience in Export Control in a Defence environment. Experience in use of SAP or similar
You will have experience of working in a procurement or supply chain environment and experience of Supplier Relationships and management. You will have the ability to organise workload and time management skills essential. Ideally with a minimum of Level 4 CIPS qualification but not essential. You must be able to use initiative whilst recognising the constraints of risk management. Excellent communication & problem solving skills are required and you will be willing to contribute to group workshops and continuous improvement initiatives.
There may be a requirement to travel to other work sites.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs; RFQ; invoicing; SAP