Up to £21.98 per hour
15 days ago
Our Filton based Client has a requirement for a Procurement Engineer to undertake the following contract. Due to the IR35 legislation the rate is based on PAYE.
The jobholder is responsible for working within the Procurement business discharging Manufacturing Engineer and Quality activities, as part of a multi-functional team for bought out parts and raw materials
1. Continuous reduction of supplier non-conformance through agreed enabler plans in line with site targets, driven reduction tools and programmes i.e SQIP
2. Management of supplier Concessions, reduction plans and performance indicators
3. Management of supplier Quality Notifications, supplier responses, reduction plans and performance indicators
4. Management of supplier R1, reduction plans and performance indicators
5. Management of supplier 8D immediate customer protection within 48 hours and 90 day closure.
6. Investigation and escalation of supplier notification of escapes.
7. First Article Inspection planned and executed with required timescales
8. Deployment of New Product Introduction and modification Manufacturing Engineering and quality activities, supplier approvals, gate review readiness, process qualification, product's specifications / condition of supply and first article review in accordance with program requirements
9. Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities. Reporting of all accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions. Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s)
10. Champion "Export Control" compliance activities, ensuring you and where applicable, members of your team, adhere to the site "Technology Control Plan (TCP), guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training and systems.
Key Internal Relationships Operations, Procurement, Configuration Control, Global M.E and Quality
Key External Relationships Customers, Suppliers
Qualifications and Skills - Formal Qualifications
Recognised engineering apprenticeship
National certificate in either: Manufacturing, Production Engineering or Quality related subjects
Broad understanding of Manufacturing processes
Proven track record in supplier engineering and quality management
Good computer / I.T skills
Experience in problem solving tool sets (eg. G8Ds, Ishikawa diagrams etc).
Degree Qualified or HNC/HND in Engineering
SAP knowledge is desirable
Specific Functional Capability, Knowledge and Skills