Greater Manchester, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Our client has anexciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join them on a fixed term contract, based in central Manchester.
The role is to lead and manage a broad portfolio of multi-million pound commodities and projects and to act as the primary procurement representative with Senior Stakeholders. To ensure maximum commercial advantage is gained along with delivering savings, improved performance, best whole life cost and minimised risk to the business.
* Lead procurement activity including all tendering activity through to final commercial arrangement and contract and Framework sign off. Projects will be a range of values including a number of Multi million pound projects
* Creatively identify and deliver a broad spectrum of significant savings and service improvements
* Identify significant opportunities to reduce costs, reduce operational and commercial risks and increase value via the collection, and interpretation of detailed and complex information
* Skilled in sourcing practices including e-procurement and conversant with current EU procurement regulations
* Identify and influence the business wide commercial synergies to ensure optimum collaboration between all appropriate parts of the business.
* Provide sufficient challenge to existing procurement routes to ensure best value attained at all times.
* Develop and review significant and complex tender .
* Work with key suppliers to deliver value and ensure continuous improvement throughout the life of the contract
* Negotiate with and influence suppliers to achieve improved service and quality
* Performance management using agreed SLAs/KPIs
* Promote a downstream competitive tendering environment within the existing supplier base
* Working with suppliers and internal stakeholders, continually develop, monitor and interpret detailed information to identify opportunities, problems and solutions
* Think creatively to identify potential savings for the executive, using research and market knowledge to implement and achieve tangible benefits and outcomes.
* Identify opportunities and work with key suppliers to deliver value and ensure continuous improvement throughout the life of the contract
* Review priorities and implement in accordance with category savings plan
* Actively promote best practice procurement techniques with stakeholder community to enhance a value for money culture
* Actively promote a culture which drives continuous improvement
* Ability to influence and negotiate with internal stakeholders to deliver Procurement led initiatives
* Influence senior management and project teams within the business to accept and endorse new proposals, designs, procedures, systems and methods of working
* Able to effectively present information, proposals and ideas whilst engaging the audience and clearly communicating the benefits of change
If you are interested in the opportunity please send your cv