0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Title: Procurement Manager - Raw Materials and Packaging
The Category Manager for Raw Material and Packaging is responsible to the Head of Procurement for delivering the category strategy for Raw Materials and packaging. The Category Manager works closely with the respective Heads of Operations to ensure that suitable contracts are in place to meet operational demand. By working collaboratively with the sites, the operational requirements will be delivered and the opportunities for improved ways of working identified.
- Developing a category strategy for raw materials and packaging. Identifying stakeholders and implementing stakeholder management plans to assist in developing the category strategies and operational performance.
- In developing category strategies identify cost optimisation opportunities and contribute to the broader corporate cost optimisation agenda.
- Report on Procurement performance against agreed service levels.
- In conjunction with business leads, as identified in the category strategy, undertake contract management of the suppliers within the category.
- Implementing Procurement processes and procedures - managing the inputs and responses to the procurement requests from site.
- Working with the Procurement team to deliver a matrix solution to deliver demand fulfilment. Working collaboratively with Procurement colleagues will help facilitate operational effectiveness.
- Work with Strategic Procurement to refine Procurement processes and ways of working, including the development of Procurement performance metrics and reporting.
- Become the P2P subject matter expert for all raw materials and packaging requests and orders; provide guidance and assistance to the business requisitioning community. Liaise and support Operational Procurement in the development and improvement of Procurement systems including P2P.
- In conjunction with Head of Procurement develop post-contract award contract management and supplier engagement and review.
- MCIPS or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement/ Business/ Finance
- 3+ years in Procurement / Supply chain roles.
- Manufacturing background or background with mix of direct and indirect spend.
- Experience of electronic tendering and contract management.
- Experience of Procurement transformation.
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 07966-.531-.875