0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Title: Procurement Manager - Mechanical + Electrical, MRO
Salary: £45-52k + benefits
The Procurement Manager is responsible to the Head of Operations and also works in partnership with the Head of Procurement and other Procurement Managers to deliver Procurement requirements and identify commercial opportunities. By working collaboratively with both the site and Strategic Procurement the operational requirements will be delivered and the opportunities for improved ways of working identified.
- Implementing Procurement processes and procedures - managing the inputs and responses to the procurement requests from site.
- Working with the site management to develop a coherent forward-looking plan that identifies demand and methods of meeting the demand. Through the instigation of a demand planning regime drive improved fulfilment activity.
- Working with the Procurement team to deliver a matrix solution to deliver demand fulfilment. Working collaboratively with Procurement colleagues will help facilitate operational effectiveness.
- Through participation in site management meetings, the role will deliver excellence and effective communication thereby becoming an integral element in the site management team. In doing so, take appropriate actions to develop Procurement visibility and effectiveness as perceived by site management; this will be achieved through formal communication with and coaching site colleagues.
- Work with Strategic Procurement to refine Procurement processes and ways of working, including the development of Procurement performance metrics and reporting.
- Become the site P2P subject matter expert; provide guidance and assistance to the business requisitioning community. Liaise and support Strategic Procurement in the development and improvement of Procurement systems including P2P.
- In conjunction with Strategic Procurement assist in the development of category plans to improve the capability of Procurement and deliver cost saving initiatives and opportunities.
- Work with key stakeholders to set budgets.
- Extensive 5 years plus experience in a middle management role or has an extensive generalist Procurement and Supply Chain background
- MCIPS or equivalent
- Direct line management experience within a procurement environment
- Keeping up to date with leading edge developments in your field or function.
- Has excellent communication skills and can communicate in a confident and articulate manner with all internal and external stakeholders at all levels
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on