4 months ago
Our client are a UK leading Defence and Aerospace business who provide complex solutions to a range of customers within these arenas.
Due to continued success they are currently looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to support across a range of projects in their expanding business. We are looking for someone who is proactive, tenacious, resourceful and has desire for career progression within the organisation.
Purpose of Role
- To ensure that project procurement activities meet Quality, Cost and Delivery targets.
- To provide clear guidance, plans and actions on supply chain delivery to management team
- To be the key point of contact for all procurement activities for projects
- Develop and implement a project procurement strategy, incorporating QCD improvements, providing direction to the buying team to ensure effective implementation of new supplier introduction, product change and new products.
- As a senior member of the department, provide cover and delegate for the Head of Supply Chain as required, also providing leadership and support as a role model for the Supply Chain team.
- Provide procurement analysis of sourcing and cost data for new bids and quotes utilising the buying team, then reporting to programme management and commercial departments.
- Generate monthly reports and give regular feedback on procurement actions to support successful delivery of projects to management.
- Lead cross functional team reviews to support continuous improvement plans, procurement solutions for late delivery of parts, lead and manage project material shortage meetings and produce minutes'/action plans to ensure delivery of parts, on time/right first time.
- Represent the business at other external and internal departmental meetings where supply chain input is required.
- Develop initiatives that ensure KPI metrics reflect continuous improvement and actions are progressed in line with company expectations.
- Identify and implement strategic procurement process improvements and introduce best practice procurement and supply chain management techniques.
- Lead key supplier communication updates and meetings, producing minutes and actions to be shared with management.
- Be responsible for selecting new sources of supply and negotiating commercial agreements, terms and conditions, Service Agreements and leveraging preferential terms for the business.
- Lead & facilitate supplier/component development workshops as required.
- Prepare and issue Request for Proposal's, Request for Quotation and Non-disclosure agreements.
- Ensure that new supplier and parts have all necessary supplier quality, commodity and IFS cost data set up.
- Communicate, monitor and report supplier performance to compliment operational objectives on costs, cash-flow, quality, delivery and inventory.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Experience of procurement in the Defence sector desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and MRP systems
- SC cleared beneficial
- Experience of purchasing low volume, high value products
- CIPS qualified beneficial but not essential