Up to £35.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our Filton Client has a requirement for a Procurement Manager to undertake the below contract role.
MEP focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of bespoke high value / high complexity sub-systems needed to deliver world leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies.
Responsible for pro-actively managing multiple critical supplier work packages, developing and maintaining long term commercially robust business relationships with suppliers who are designing and delivering complex systems (such as Rocket Motors, Launchers, Warheads, Seeker Systems and more!).
The MEP role is unique, fast-paced and exciting, all requiring combination of commercial expertise and stakeholder management skills to lead business relationships with strategic suppliers, across a wide range of initiatives to drive overall supplier performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects below relating to the generation and performance of their supplier portfolio, including:
- Drafting, negotiating and amending sub-contracts, iaw applicable legislation and company processes
- Running Competitions for sub-system procurements whilst maintaining the highest standards of fairness and ethics
- Providing supplier related commercial guidance to internal stakeholders
- Generating and implementing supplier strategies that deliver Value for Money
- Resolving supplier performance issues and/or conflicts
- Risk management and risk mitigation planning
- Managing supplier deliverables (hardware, software and documentation)
- KPI reporting and adherence
- Cash Management
- Schedule adherence
- Building and nurturing supplier and key stakeholder relationships
- Safeguarding the interests of the Client
- A tenacious individual - day-to-day problem solving in a challenging commercial environment is a key part of the role, so you will need to be comfortable in asking and answering difficult questions, challenging yourself and others to common goals, organising both people and situations.
- A strong communicator - reporting and co-operation with senior internal and external stakeholders will be frequently required.
- A team player capable of influencing and managing multiple relationships, you should also be comfortable working autonomously when required.
- An assertive individual with a can-do attitude who continually seeks way to maximise on opportunities - you will need to analyse situations and be adept at understanding and presenting different possibilities, balancing risk.
- An individual who is flexible / adaptable and, dependant on COVID-19 restrictions, may be required to travel as part of the role.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role, ideally in a Defence or Aerospace contracting environment.
- Ideally degree qualified in a business discipline, relevant procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
o Negotiation in an internal Customer / Supplier environment
o Bidding to win against a context of global supply chains
o Contract terms and conditions
o Use of MS Office and SAP (ideally)