Up to £50.00 per hour
25 days ago
Morson International is looking for Procurement Manager for our client based in Bristol.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Lead the purchasing team, ensure that the team is managed effectively and all purchasing duties are carried out effectively such that objectives and service levels are achieved
1. Lead, control and manage a Procurement team such that staff are developed, utilised and deployed effectively, employee performance and motivation is maximised to meet organisational standards and requirements
2. Develop and implement plans, approaches, schedules and improvement programmes to deliver ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs, SLAs and objectives for a department or unit
3. Review team performance to ensure that all work is completed within agreed timescales, such that work is distributed across staff effectively and service levels are achieved
4. Co-ordinate the process for tendering of work by suppliers, ensure tender documents are prepared and dispatched to companies and organisations invited to tender, and that subsequent submissions are handled professionally until the order is placed
5. Ensure that a programme of supplier and sourcing reviews is carried out, that suppliers are monitored and managed and where appropriate alternative sources are identified that are to the further benefit of the business
6. Maintain and build business relationships with suppliers to ensure delivery schedules are achieved and that favourable terms can be agreed with the supplier to suit business needs
7. Work with suppliers to identify opportunities to improve the level of services or reduce the cost of items purchased
This is a first level line management role where the focus of the role is on the management of a procurement units. The role must ensure the team delivers its objectives and business targets.
At this level has full managerial control for a team, and in addition carries personal responsibility for key suppliers or major supply categories. Procurement duties are similar to those of the Senior Buyer.
This is a professional purchasing post requiring considerable purchasing experience and fully CIPS membership/qualification.