about 1 month ago
Purpose of the Job
To deliver procurement services for Corporate and Project Procurement's relating to construction and supplies in support business needs, whilst attaining overall Best Value and ensuring Contracts are awarded within the Programme / Project Financial and Time Constraints. This service is to be provided from inception to contract award and handover to the Accountable Manager.
- Deliver procurement activities as directed ensuring the assigned procurement projects are planned, managed and delivered to meet the needs of the programme.
- Ensure that all necessary documents and current templates for the procurement are prepared, compiled and uploaded into the e-tendering tool, including managing the tendering process and dealing with clarifications.
- Prepare briefing packs and pre-qualification questionnaires, pre-qualify and select suppliers for tender lists.
- Manage the tender process from invitation to appointment, including management of evaluation panels and recommendation for award of contract.
- Define, set up and manage the evaluation team to ensure criteria are assessed in a consistent and timely manner, including proposal of criteria weighting. Preparation and recommendation on shortlists and contract awards and ensure that correct notifications to tenders and feedback are given following award
- Handover to and brief the implementation team on the contract documents.
- Support the administration of corporate contracts in conjunction with the Accountable Manager.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction.
- Professional membership of CIPS, and/or other relevant business body is preferred
- Significant experience and sound knowledge of public sector procurement methods and procurement / commercial environment, including procurement legislation.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and experience of the procurement and contract management life-cycle and general business requirements.
- Sound knowledge of currently available purchasing options including framework agreements
- Working knowledge of NEC3 contracts for both Professional Services and Works
- Knowledge and experience of the relevant supply markets and effective application of value for money strategies and solutions.
- Ability to report timely and accurate management information.