Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £45000 per annum + competitive package
4 months ago
Title: Procurement Manager
Duration: 12 month FTC
Currently working with recognised public sector organisation, that is responsible for the coordination of a number of services throughout the Greater Manchester area and they are looking for a Procurement Manager for a 12 month FTC. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to join a well-respected procurement function currently working on several multi-million pound projects.
- Lead the re-tender and award of the main consultancy framework via an OJEU compliant process.
- Lead procurement activity including all tendering activity through to final commercial arrangement and contract and Framework sign off.
- Capital Projects will be of a range of values and requirements.
- Creatively identify and deliver a broad spectrum of significant measurable savings and service improvements.
- Identify significant opportunities to reduce (whole life) costs, reduce operational and commercial risks and increase value via the collection, and interpretation of detailed and complex information.
- Skills in sourcing practices including e-procurement.
- Provide sufficient informed and researched challenge to existing procurement routes to ensure best value attained at all times.
- Experience of developing, critiquing and implementing commodity strategies and recommending preferred option.
- Able to communicate and influence ideas and work within multi-functional teams with minimum supervision and infrequent reference to others
- Experience of supplier management, building relationships for success and supplier development programmes
- Strong Knowledge of procurement principles, concepts and techniques, including OJEU compliant tender documents and procedures
- Awareness of suppliers and markets as a source of supply.
- IT literate with standard Microsoft desktop tools, and. Aware of e-Procurement principles and tools.
- Understanding of Crown Commercial Service (CCS) and partnering frameworks for procurement.
- Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement Law, including EU Regulations.
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a subject containing analytical content, or sufficient experience demonstrated within the relevant subject matter.
- MCIPS qualified or willingness to work towards MCIPS
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.