£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Role: Procurement Manager
Currently supporting a UK wide business, who require a Procurement Manager to work with key stakeholders across various Multi-Million Pound Projects to design and execute procurement strategies for the organisation. The role will be pivotal in developing and delivering contracts for the business and ultimately ensuring both commercial value for the business.
- Close liaison with Quality Assurance, Project Management, Engineering and Planning on all aspects of supply chain activities.
- Ensuring a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the Company's supply chain.
- Work closely with suppliers & stakeholders to identify and implement the cost effective supply chain solutions, in respect of cost, performance, product and/or service quality and programme
- Managing sourcing and tendering processes
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions are obtained
- Ensuring that the Company's commercial position understand and followed by subcontract work
- Ensuring that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project programmes;
- Leading or supporting supplier performance monitoring and development initiatives
Key Requirements and Background:
- Degree qualified
- CIPS/MCIPS membership
- Proven track record in project procurement
- Ability to influence various levels of stakeholders is essential
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supplier Management
- Tender Management
- Managing Supplier Performance
- NEC3 Contract experience is essential
- Previous experience of project procurement within an engineering services led environment. This could be as nuclear, construction, aerospace and electronics, engineering, manufacturing or M&E, oil and gas, plant and equipment, power and process, or transmission and distribution
- Contract Management
- Security Clearance will be required
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.