about 1 year ago
Procurement Manager required to ensure the supplier performs its contractual obligations in order to maintain the company's ability to meet its customer delivery milestones.
Managing a portfolio of complex sub-system equipment and/or service suppliers, you will be responsible for obtaining Value for Money (VfM) solutions from the supplier, drafting and negotiating subcontracts and, once on contract, managing the supplier programmes and subcontracts. You will build effective relationships at all levels to embed collaborative working within both multi-functional project teams and the supplier's organisation, ensuring the selected solution is developed and delivered by the supplier to meet the company's needs.
Key aspects of the role involve:
* You will be the primary interface dealing with design authority suppliers
* Responsible for:
* Managing the major supplier related aspects of the business winning process including, drafting and negotiation of complex RFQs, sub-contracts, contract amendments and other industrial agreements
* Ensuring the Sub-contractor delivers to programme and technical requirements within authorised budgets, and in accordance with their contractual obligations
* Managing and developing the business relationship with suppliers
* Leading a supplier facing multi-functional team within the business
* Implementing strategies associated with the sub-contract(s) to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans, in the high value/high risk and complex political environment
* Seeking ways to continually improve the Supplier to be a high performing supplier Ensuring that there is adequate visibility of the Sub-contractor programmes and associated risks such that strategies can be implemented to overcome problems that may hazard timely delivery of project requirements or cost
* Participating in project and functional process improvement opportunities, sharing best practice where appropriate within other sectors/projects
* Providing accurate budget and cash forecasts for supplier payments
* Dependent on specific role, management of one or two team members
* Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations
* Able to draft contract agreements and negotiate terms and conditions to maximise the benefit to the business
* A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales
* Strong relationship management skills demonstrating an aptitude to be able to lead and influence key stakeholders and suppliers with the support of senior management
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office IT packages (SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.