North West England, England
3 months ago
Title: Procurement Manager
Our client is an award-winning food manufacturer and are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to seek innovation and improvements within their business, leading the charge on cost reduction and service improvements. The position will have full responsibility to the businesses full portfolio of spend across all Food and Non-Food categories.
*CIPS QUALIFICATION IS AN ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THIS POSITION (Level 4+) *
- Work closely with the management team to support procurement across the business.
- Improve and develop supplier relationships.
- Pursue cost reduction opportunities through negotiation with new and existing suppliers.
- Ensure quality and performance of ordered materials are in line with required standards.
- Work proactively to review and upgrade procurement processes.
- Support the product costing process through accurate quotations and maintenance of forward-looking raw material/packaging prices.
- Collate regular reports for the Financial Controller; vendor analysis, material information, market data, board reports, budget tracking.
- Maintain master data controls and documentation, as well as supporting master data in SAP in relation to Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
- Engage with the supplier base to ensure that the business can capitalise on the R&D and Innovation opportunities which fit the Strategic Objectives.
- Lead projects to review supplier base and source alternative supply where appropriate.
- Minimum CIPS Level 4
- Experience within a similar procurement role, managing a direct spend of 3million+
- Excellent negotiator
- Able to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Intermediate IT Skills
- Experience of using SAP (or similar system)