West London, London
3 months ago
Procurement Manager, Contract, West London
The purpose of this role is to work with the lead of team and bring supply chain expertise so that the Client plan source and purchase the best quality equipment, goods, and services for the company at the most competitive prices whilst maintaining sustainability, risk and being mindful or ethical issues, you will also assist supply chain manager to oversee supply chain management and procurement in the project.
* Attending the project meeting, collecting and forecasting levels of demand for services and equipment to meet the project needs ensuring that project can move forward in the schedule.
* Conducting research to ascertain the best services and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
* Liaising between suppliers, project manager, and relevant internal department to achieve the best outcomes to meet the demands of the project.
* Developing the supply base by identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
* Negotiating and agreeing contracts and completing internal procurement process, monitoring supplier's progress, checking the quality of service provided with Project manager. Ensuring mutual awareness of key project objectives.
* Assisting lead of team to ensure that internal processes are streamlined and efficient.
* Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
* Developing and execution of the purchasing strategy for the project to meet company regulations and external changes.
* Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
* Assisting lead of team to evaluate costs and review supply chain economics to ensure consistent value added activities.
* Assisting lead of team to present of supply chain and market trends analysis, producing reports and statistic for the senior management team to support company growth.
* To support for the Director of Contracts and Procurement Development with respect to other tasks assigned
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
* To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
* Proven working experience as a procurement manager within engineer and construction, manufacturing industry.
* Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as dexterity in "reading" the market.
* BSc, BTEC HNC/HND degree in supply chain management, or business studies.
* Negotiation Skills, familiar with NEC contracts and FIDIC contracts.
* Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
* Customer focused mentality and exemplary attention to detail.
* Problem solving skills, adaptability and flexibility
* Great communication skills both verbal and written.
* The ability to plan ahead, organize and prioritise workload.
* Microsoft Office Package -Advanced user.
* Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
* Maintaining great working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
* Ensuring systems and documentation are accurately maintained.