£0.00 - £44.25 per hour
2 months ago
Morson International is looking for Procurement Manager for our client based in Barrow In Furness.
The Procurement Manager Offset is responsible for developing collaboration between Lines of Business and the Indian Supply chain to optimise procurement opportunities with approved Indian suppliers for the purpose of satisfying the requirements of company's programme in India. The Procurement Manager is responsible for ensuring that sourcing from India is in line with corporate governance policies
The position will be based at Barrow-in-Furness and the candidate must be willing to travel overseas and in the UK as necessitated by the role.
Encourage collaboration between Lines of Business to evolve Indian Supply Chain Strategy and category management approach.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement leaders and procurement community across the US and the UK on a regular basis to promote sourcing from India
- Develop and implement supplier strategies that support present and future offset opportunities.
- Management of Indian market intelligence for categories of purchase, through research and maintaining an awareness of the market conditions.
- Ensure Corporate Responsibility policies and procedures are adhered to, including supplier Due Diligence and ensure compliance with Procurement governance processes
- Utilise spend analytics to drive savings opportunities in India, ultimately supporting company Offset obligations.
- Assess and manage in conjunction with the relevant Lines of Business, Offset related risks.
- Promote a culture of best practice sharing and knowledge exploitation across the offset requirements
- Support the suppliers on policy guidelines and helping them in seeking necessary govt. clearances and license
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.