Up to £44.25 per hour
2 months ago
Morson International is looking for Procurement Manager Offset for our client based in Barrow In Furness.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement manager- Offset Delivery as part of our Industrial participation team in developing supply chain solutions in India. The post is to be based at our site in Barrow-In-Furness.
As the Procurement Manager for Offset delivery you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies in cooperation with the Procurement senior leadership across company of business in the UK and USA.
- Developing sourcing strategies with an India based supply chain that can delivery against the company's Category Management strategies.
- Coordinating with Senior Procurement Leaders across the company's Businesses in the US and UK
- Implementing and delivering the strategic sourcing initiatives developed in cooperation with the business's Senior Procurement leaders and their teams from across the company.
- Developing and implementing RFI, RFQ, Contract placement and Contract management with Indian Offset Partners
- Promote India Sourcing throughout the wider business community.
- Develop opportunities that support a business wide Category Management strategy.
- Support the India In Country Procurement team to evolve a supply chain within India identifying capability to meet the business' Category Strategies established to deliver the lowest technically acceptable cost for each product.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and integrate at all levels within the business and Suppliers Senior Leadership team.
- A broad understanding of developing sophisticated sourcing strategies in an aerospace/defence environment.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing offshore supply chains
- MCIPS accreditation is preferred
- Strong MS office toolset skills
- Proven experience in a Leadership Role
- Thorough understanding of Lean techniques and continuous improvement to support supplier assessment and capability gap analysis leading to supplier development/improvement initiatives.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance