9 months ago
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Currently working with a well known and innovative Eltectronics Manufacturing Businessin the Lancashire Area who are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to their team. The business has introduced this role to allow the purchasing function to continue to improve and benefit the business.
The key responsibilities for this Electronics Procurement Manager will be;
- Achieve cost targets through strategic sourcing and building strong relationships with both new and existing suppliers as well as looking at alternative materials.
- Own the material spend of circa £10 million, including the maintenance of MRP systems to ensure that the purchasing functions runs as smooth as possible.
- Work with other departments mainly engineering to ensure that production is managed effectively and B.O.M's are agreed.
- Keep to timescales, quality metrics and keep relative communication with all necessary departments so expectations are met and potential issues are addressed/prevented.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
The successful candidate for this North Manchester based Procurement Manager Role would be;
- Strong communication skills needed for both internal stake holders and suppliers.
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing preferably electronics background.
- Knowledge of MRP systems and comfortably manage and maintain the systems.
- Focused and enthusiastic to get behind the product and be technically minded to how different products work and how they are made including B.O.M
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.