Up to £40.00 per hour
4 months ago
Morson International are recruiting a Procurement Leader on behalf of BAE Systems, at their site in Barrow. Successful candidates will have previous procurement management experience, from a marine background.
Manage and undertake of all aspects of procurement related activity to cost, quality and schedule and independently lead projects and work within the Corporate Procurement Policy and Process in line with business requirements and performance objectives. Undertake line management responsibilities where appropriate. All activity is, in support of and, to enable the supply of products and services to support the boat build programmes and adjacent businesses.
All tasks must be performed with a right first time ethic in order to meet business-wide Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People principles.
* Have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality Management System documentation e.g. Policy, Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments to comply with Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) rules and control measures.
* Lead the development, review and update of relevant systems and processes to ensure the effective delivery of activities in assigned areas.
* Leading a team, demonstrating strong and fair leadership, to maximise their potential. Provide ongoing support and contribute to the development of the team. Ensure they have access to and are competent in, the use of relevant processes and business systems. Identify opportunities for improving team performance. Ensure the adherence of direct reports to ethical guidelines and functional authority levels.
* Conduct self-verification checks within team to ensure adherence to relevant business system procedures, policies and processes. Ensure the provision and production of right first time quality information.
* Proactively identify, manage and mitigate procurement risk.
* Ensure all business systems, document management systems and data sources are kept up-to-date to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders.
* Build and maintain strong key relationships both internally and externally. Promote cross functional collaboration to ensure effective alignment of activities and deliver support and guidance to other functions as required.
* Deputise and support the Management team when required.
* Support audit activity and lead investigation activity and the resolution of audit and investigation actions within area of responsibility.
* Support the delivery of Quality Integrated Work Team performance and Quality Maturity Matrix improvement activity.
* Ensure Learning from Experience is captured and shared across the function (and wider business where appropriate)
* Plan, control and deliver assigned projects independently
* Lead Corporate Social Responsibility activities
Please be advised - Various shifts & 7 day working arrangements may apply.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to gain SC clearance before eligible to start on site.