Up to £15.45 per hour
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer to work for a large aerospace company within their Air business. It is a 6 month contract position.
Duties will involve managing the supplier and contract activities alongside the Procurement team to include:
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets
- Manage suppliers and improve supplier performance
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer
- Place and manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met
-To provide information for and attend Internal & External meetings
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
- Cash Flow Management
- Quality Management
- Negotiations and cost reduction
- Support the management of priorities based on customer and IBP needs
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal and external customers.
The successful applicant will be a proficient user of MS Office packages and will have good communication and team working skills.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.