Up to £16.97 per hour
18 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer to work for BAE SYSTEMS in the Air business. The role is working in the Procurement Shared Service - Air Capability & Equipment Organisation based at Samlesbury Site.
Key Responsibilities will be :-
-Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
The successful applicant will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers are required.
You will have good Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project & Outlook skills.
Excellent communication, team working & motivational skills are essential.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs