Up to £16.97 per hour
7 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer at BAE SYSTEMS in the Air business working in the Procurement Shared Service- Air Capability & Equipment Organisation based at our Samlesbury Site to support the AC&E supplier management teams in the request and collation of the Annual Price. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers.
Key Responsibilities will be :-
- The compilation and challenge of the candidate lists, the issue, expediting, review and challenge of the supplier requests for quotation, detailed analysis of price data to demonstrate value for money.
- To support and attend Internal & External meetings where appropriate.
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
The successful applicant will have good Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word, Outlook skills. Excellent communication and team working skills are essential. You will be self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs