Preston, Lancashire, N. W. England, England
Up to £16.97 per hour
6 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for Procurement Engineers to work for BAE Systems in their Air business. The role is working in the Procurement Shared Service - Air Capability & Equipment Organisation to aid the supplier management teams dealing with issues & backlogs following implementation of a new ERP system (LN).
Key Responsibilities will be :-
- Raise purchase orders
- Provide support to the Procurement Team
- Prepare information for internal meetings
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
- Help the supplier management teams with dealing with issues and backlogs following LN implementation.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers. You will be a proficient user of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook. You will have good communication and team working skills and will be self-motivated.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs