Preston, Lancashire, N. W. England, England
Up to £16.97 per hour
10 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for Procurement Engineers to work for BAE Systems in their Air business. The role is working in the Procurement Shared Service - Air Capability & Equipment Organisation to aid the supplier management teams dealing with issues & backlogs following implementation of a new ERP system (LN).
Key Responsibilities will be :-
- Raise purchase orders
- Provide support to the Procurement Team
- Prepare information for internal meetings
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
- Help the supplier management teams with dealing with issues and backlogs following LN implementation.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers. You will be a proficient user of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook. You will have good communication and team working skills and will be self-motivated.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs