Up to £16.97 per hour
14 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineers to aid the supplier management teams dealing with issues & backlogs following LN D1 implementation
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPI's to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
- Good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers are required.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Raising Purchase Orders
- To provide Procurement support to the Procurement Team
- To prepare for and attend internal meetings
- Manage supplier performance to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality
- To aid the supplier management teams dealing with issues & backlogs following LN D1 implementation.
Good - Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project & Outlook Skills.
Personal Skills - Communication, Team Working, Motivation skills essential.
NVQ or equivalent in a relevant subject
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs