Up to £16.97 per hour
21 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineers to work for a large defence company within their Air Sector business. The role is working in the Procurement Shared Service - Air Capability & Equipment Organisation and involves helping supplier management teams dealing with issues & backlogs following implementation of a new ERP system (Infor LN).
Duties will involve;
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets
- Improve Supplier performance
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers.You will be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook. Good communication and team working skills are essential. The jobholder will hold an NVQ in relevant subject or equivalent.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.