Up to £16.97 per hour
10 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer to become a part of a large organisation.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPI's to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
- Good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers are required.
Good - Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Project, Outlook Skills.
Personal Skills - Communication, Team Working, Motivation skills essential.
NVQ or equivalent desirable
- 5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 12.30pm Fri).
- Hours required to work per week are 37.00 unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks).
- Start and finish times to be agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours.
- Lunch break (unpaid) is 42 minutes which will automatically be deducted each working day from 12.30pm to 13.12pm by the electronic time management system.
- Dependant on workload, local management may request more or less hours are worked within this contract.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs