Up to £15.45 per hour
4 months ago
Procurement Engineer; 6 month contract; based near Blackburn; £15.45 per hour
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer to work for a large aerospace company based near Blackburn. The role will involve managing the supplier and contract activities within a Procurement Team. The successful candidate will have previous procurement experience. You will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to form relationships with internal / external customers. You will be a proficient user of MS Office packages and have excellent team working skills.
Duties will involve;
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers.
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.