20 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has risen with my Nuclear client based in Chester for a strong Procurement Coordinator.
The job purpose is to ensure that the accurate, effective execution of the initiation of the procure-to-pay process is in line with contractual arrangements with suppliers. This aims to ensure compliance to Group Procurement Policies and enable efficient transactional processing.
The role of Procurement Coordinator will predominantly have two key focus areas firstly the initiation of the Procure to Pay process, specifically the accurate conversion of purchase requisitions to purchase orders and, secondly, support for local site colleagues. This will require communication with the category management team and senior buyers in European operations, as well as contact with business partners and requisitions directly.
A detailed working knowledge of Procurement modules in SAP will be an essential skill, as will a working understanding of key supplier contracts.
Accuracy, attention to detail and efficiency of process completion are key attributes of this role.
The individual will be expected to challenge internal customers on procedural issues and supplier use and contribute to improvements in requisition quality, timescales and process efficiency.
* Degree in Procurement, Business Management, Finance or other relevant discipline - Desirable
* Already working towards (or interested in working towards) membership of a relevant professional institute (e.g. a qualified member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or equivalent) - Desirable
Skills and experience needed:
* Use of SAP P2P modules and the ability to extract system data to support reporting - Essential
* Several years of procurement or vendor management experience - Essential
* Customer service experience - Essential
* Experience of reconciliations / financial systems - Essential