about 1 month ago
Title: Procurement Contract Manager - Major Capital Projects
Day rate: Competitive
Our global Chemicals client are embarking on a major £75m investment programme to build a number of key strategic new plants and assets over the next 3 years. To deliver these strategic investments a Projects Group has been set up comprising of senior and experienced experts. The Group is now looking to recruit a number of experienced Capital Projects professionals to help deliver these exciting projects.
Major Capital Contracts Manager - This is a key role within the Projects Group. The job holder will be responsible for formulating contract strategies, procuring and delivering contracts to enable the delivery of Key Strategic Growth Projects. The job holder must have experience of procuring major contracts for Capital Projects within the Chemicals or similar types of industries and be confident in procurement of technical equipment and contracts in civil, structural, mechanical & E&I fields. Experience of IChemE forms of contract is preferred.
- Responsible for Contract Management and Procurement for Key Capital Projects to ensure delivery of projects on time and on budget
- Responsible for commercial negotiations of multimillion-pound contracts and ability to generate significant savings though competitive tendering and all other state-of-the-art procurement and contract methodologies to deliver significant value for money
- Working closely with the Project Manager, formulating contract strategies for all key technical equipment purchases as well as delivery of civil, structural, mechanical, HV and E&I contracts packages for major Capital Projects.
- Key activities will involve supplier selection and approvals (SAP Ariba), supporting the development of specifications, tender preparation, bid analysis, negotiation, contract award, kick off meetings, variation mitigation and claims management, progress meetings and programme performance monitoring, payment and cash flow management as well as end of contract review and lessons learnt .
- Responsible job holder must be able to use SAP.
- Comply with all relevant procure processes and corporate governance.
- Degree level in technical or business (or equivalent)
- MCIPS preferred
- Proven track record of Capital Contracts management
- Proven and robust experience of the whole procurement cycle and strong negotiation capabilities
- Excellent understanding of various forms of contract (IChemE)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to integrate well within a highly pressurised capital project environment
- Organised, methodical, attention to detail
- Ability to cope and manage multiple tasks within set deadlines
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 01617-.071-.516