5 days ago
Job Title: Procurement Contract Manager - CAPEX projects (12-month FTC)
Salary: Competitive - DOE
The Procurement CM role will work alongside the Site Asset Managers to ensure effective contract management for all the sustainable capital projects and provide assistance on some of the key capital projects.
Your primary tasks will be to prepare tender documents and evaluate tenders in close cooperation with our stakeholders as well as preparing and conducting supplier negotiations and facilitating appropriate negotiation and administration of contracts and claims.
The tasks will be both hands on contract management of specific projects as well as establishing good process and procedures to manage, monitor and improve on all aspects of the procurement process for delivering such capital projects from tender documentation preparation, keeping of risk registers to performance monitoring and relationship management.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a technical or commercial discipline (e.g. Engineering or business etc.)
Preferably CIPS qualified
- Proven track record in delivering successful value for money procurement and contract management role in high value/ high risk projects on time and within budget
- proven robust experience of the full procurement cycle from identifying and screening potential suppliers, tendering, negotiating, preparing and managing contracts and dispute resolution experienced in formulating procurement strategies from TCO, Target Costing, D&B
- excellent understanding of various forms of contract and key commercial and contractual risks that need to be managed, mitigated or negotiated to ensure the project risks are limited evidence of strong negotiation skills and experience of understanding and negotiating a range of commercial contracts such as ICHEMI, NEC, JCT
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Excellent people skills to facilitate communication and cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail documenting key issues, concerns, options raised during monthly meetings and ensuring that any decisions, risks and options are closed out and mitigation / variations documented throughout the project delivery
- Excellent technical understanding of procurement processes with advanced computer skills and an understanding and experience of the use of ERP systems, preferably SAP. Well-developed technical, analytical, planning and processing skills
The ideal candidate:
- Highly motivated and able to progress tasks in an efficient manner with limited supervision. Takes a professional, structured and organised approach to the execution of every task.
- Has excellent communication skills and can communicate in a confident and articulate manner with all internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Has experience of procuring and/or the installation/overhaul of heavy industrial equipment including: process towers, motors, compressors, storage or process tanks pipework and boilers
- Has experience of procuring from low cost countries (would be beneficial)
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own actions
- Enjoys challenges and problem solving, with strong analytical skills
- Completes tasks by or within the deadline agreed, highly organised, methodical with excellent time management skills
- Has the ability to influence the actions of others to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Understands the concept of value and value contribution, accepts the need to work closely with and support other functional teams at all stages of the project life cycle to ensure the level of value delivered by the procurement cluster exploits the level of opportunity available.
For further information please contact me on / 01617-.071-.516