10 months ago
Title: Procurement Contract Specialist
Salary: Competitive salary
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. Our client is not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role will require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.
We are currently supporting a leading Aviation/Aerospace business to recruit a Procurement Contract Specialist to join their established procurement function at their site in Yeovil.
- Define manage and deliver strategies to procure commodities in regional and global markets in support of business needs, including the strategic sourcing of new suppliers and Equipment to provide high levels of supplier performance.
- Support the provision of supplier Equipment costs to new Customer programmes bidding activity
- Control Supplier costs in alignment with Programme Budgets and achieve departmental cost reduction targets
- Negotiate appropriate contractual frame works (to include Terms and Conditions/pricing and support requirements) that support business requirements, both for more complex bespoke equipment acquisition, design, development and qualification programmes and also less complex commodity acquisitions.
- Develop and consolidate business relations with key suppliers. Acting as point of escalation for significant supplier issues.
- Manage delivery of design, development and qualification programmes.
- Support business meetings as required in all business areas and Supplier locations
- Candidates should be ideally educated to Degree level or have HNC Business studies (or equivalent) and/or MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification and have some relevant experience within the Aerospace or similar Sector.
- Where a Candidate can demonstrate a high level of experience within a Procurement or Commercial role within an Aerospace or similar Sector then lower level formal qualifications may be
- Candidate should have relevant procurement or commercial experience, ideally in a strategic role, with proven examples of agreeing terms and conditions , managing contractual compliance issues and delivering, performance improvement against core objectives (e.g. cost reduction, schedule adherence, lead time reduction etc).
- Ideally candidates should have evidence of managing more complicated acquisitions, development programmes and/or service
- Candidates should be able to show evidence of their ability to lead multi-functional teams and influence decision makers and stakeholders within the internal and external supply chain at all levels of seniority.
For further information, please contact Jack Dawkins at Morson International - 01617.-071-.516