£200 - £300 per day
24 days ago
12 month FTC
Role: Procurement Contract Manager
Duration: 12 month contract
Rate: £200 to 300 per day
Currently working with a global business, being a leader in the Minerals and Construction Materials Market, who require a Procurement Contract Manager, on a 12 month FTC. The business is about to commence on several capital projects and is looking for Procurement Contracts Manager to lead the procurement activity on these schemes. Essential to the role is the effective stake holder management of key individuals across the projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work alongside the Asset Managers to ensure effective contract management for all the sustainable capital projects and provide assistance on some of the key capital projects.
- Prepare tender documents and evaluate tenders in close cooperation with our stakeholders
- Preparing and conducting supplier negotiations and facilitating appropriate negotiation and administration of contracts and claims.
- Both hands on contract management of specific projects as well as establishing good process and procedures to manage
- Monitor and improve on all aspects of the procurement process for delivering such capital projects
- Manage tender documentation preparation, keeping of risk registers to performance monitoring and relationship management
- Identifying and screening potential suppliers, tendering, negotiating, preparing and managing contracts and dispute resolution experienced in formulating procurement strategies
Skills and Experience Required:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a technical or commercial discipline (e.g. Engineering or business etc.)
- Preferably CIPS qualified
- Proven track record in delivering successful procurement and contract management role in high value/ high risk projects on time and within budget
Excellent understanding of various forms of contract and key commercial and contractual risks that need to be managed, mitigated or negotiated to ensure the project risks are limited evidence of strong negotiation skills and experience of understanding and negotiating a range of commercial contracts such as ICHEMI, NEC, JCT,
Strong project management and planning skills
Excellent people skills to facilitate communication and cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
Excellent attention to detail documenting key issues, concerns, options raised during monthly meetings and ensuring that any decisions, risks and options are closed out and mitigation / variations documented throughout the project delivery
Highly motivated and able to progress tasks in an efficient manner with limited supervision. Takes a professional, structured and organised approach to the execution of every task.
Has excellent communication skills and can communicate in a confident and articulate manner with all internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Has experience of procuring from low cost countries (would be beneficial)
Enjoys challenges and problem solving, with strong analytical skills
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.