Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading Energy company are looking for a Procurement Consultant to join their team on a contract basis based in Glasgow city centre.
Management of purchasing & supply chain activities, including management of suppliers and negotiating contracts etc.
Provide competitive advantage & Cost reductions in the acquisition of goods, works & services.
* Responsible for the commercial and contractual aspects for individual contracts ensuring strategies are aligned to the Business Plan and its timescales.
* Supporting the management of commercial aspects for key areas of business activity.
* Assisting in the development and implementation of a procurement plan for a particular business area involving working with the business to establish future contracts to deliver the requirements of the business function.
* Developing and implementing contract strategies and associated tenderer selection in liaison with the business
* Maintaining constructive partnership with business managers and other stakeholders.
* Leading the tendering process and negotiation of commercial aspects of contracts to deliver the clients Business Plan objectives
* Striving to achieve both cost reduction and the best conditions available in the market through competitive and transparent procurement processes.
* Preparing approval papers and leading the obtaining of authorisations for contracts, whilst ensuring that the proposed contract is acceptable to Control, Credit Risk, Insurance and Legal.
* Providing contractual support and advice to project managers in dealing with contractors and suppliers during the post-contract award phase to mitigate and resolve claims or contractor grievances.
* Recommending strategies for delivering improvements in value and where appropriate to address new technologies/new business activities.
* Maintaining strong long-term relationships with supply chain organisations.
* Extending the supply chain by identifying and pre-qualifying potential new suppliers.
Skills & Experience
* An understanding of best practice procurement principles, practices and processes including both tactical and strategic procurement principles.
* Some commercial contract and negotiation experience and experience of leading full or part of the contract negotiations in conclusion of contracts.
* Self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality cost and time make decisions in tight timescales flexibility to react to changing needs track record of delivery within agreed timescales.
* An effective team worker with some experience of working in a multi-functional project team desirable.
* Good all round understanding of financial, commercial and business principles and risk mitigation practices plus basic knowledge of contract law to recognise any exposure and seek appropriate advice from the legal team when required.
* Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills.
* Good influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and persuade, challenge and build credibility with peer groups.
* Effective computer system skills.