£13.90 - £18 per hour
about 2 months ago
Morson is delighted to be working in partnership with a well known Defence Company. Due to ongoing growth and success, they are looking to recruit a Procurement Buyer. The role will be site based in Luton and will be for an initial 5 Month duration. There is a rate of £18 Per Hour on offer (via an Umbrella Company as this is Inside IR35) OR £13.90PAYE + £1.68 Holiday Per Hour. Please find the job description below:
This role will predominantly operate within the Procurement & Central team, providing support to other functional areas within the Procurement team.
To balance demand against capacity (supply) and to take relevant actions that ensure the IPT delivers to plan. Liaising with the Planning, Production, Quality and Procurement teams, the role holder will ensure that priorities are met.
* Draft and prepare routine quotations, purchase orders, other standard agreements and internal approvals in line with standard formats.
* Analyse, process, confirm and communicate requirements to the supplier
* Negotiate dead-lines/quantities and prices with suppliers
* Able to interpret problems which arise and suggest solutions in case of shortages
* Provide input to IPT project meetings and manufacturing supply chain reviews
* Oversee the progress and follow the flow of manufacturing on the supplier's site, manage order book and delivery receipts
* Monitor supplier capacity
* Measure and analyse supplier performance in coordination with the functional requirements and if their targets are not being reached, set up internal and external action plans in close cooperation with the stakeholders.
* Establish and implement action plans to limit risks and to shorten production cycles
* Handle exception messages (send an order, progress, delay, cancel an order, deadline overrun, late starting) resulting from the MRP system
? IPT meetings
? Supplier business reviews
? Influencing category strategies
Please register interest by submitting an up to date CV without delay.