£350.00 - £374.00 per day + Ltd
7 months ago
Procurement Bids & Projects Manager
Templecombe, Somerset - 3 month contract - Pay rate £350 to £374 per day Ltd
We are looking for a Procurement Manager (Bid & Project Manager) to work for our leading defence client based in Templecombe, Somerset. You will be working across a range of complex sonar and underwater sensors/systems to represent Procurement as an integral part of a campaign, Bid, Product or Project team, leading the resources of the function in order to optimise it's contribution to producing competitive campaigns, bids and products, and delivering profitable projects.
Work with internal stakeholders to ensure Acquisition or Sourcing strategies for a campaign, bid, product or project are aligned to the needs of the business in the short, medium and long term durations.
Work with the bid and product development teams to ascertain the work package needs, competitiveness objectives and target costs. Develop a supply chain architecture; negotiate with the supply chain, under these mandates, to obtain a complete and competitive supply chain architecture which delivers the full requirement of the bid/product.
Deliver a risk managed set of Terms and Conditions of contract for all elements of the supply chain.
In project phase, work closely with key stakeholders and functions as necessary, to manage all Procurement aspects ensuring work packages are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
Although the role maybe assigned to a particular business or location, the job holder may be requested to support the function's activities in other businesses or locations across the UK.
- Supply chain architecture development and implementation for complex defence technology projects
- Proven ability in mid to senior level procurement or commercial roles
- Track record of success in a similar role in relevant businesses or markets
- Commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills and experience including differing contracting models
- Broad range of Procurement skills focused on: Needs Analysis, Design to Cost, Make-Team-Buy, Technical Interface Management, Acquisition Strategy definition, International Sourcing, Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management, Subcontract Management.
- Leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills to optimise cross-functional & cross-organisational working and to work effectively with suppliers.
- Analytical skills
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Supplier Relationship and Performance Management, negotiation techniques and measurement
- Team management, leadership and team development
- Major development/manufacture sub-contract program/project management experience
- Broad technical and commercial understanding of Sonar/Underwater Sensors and associated bought in supplied parts and services
- Ability to lead Make, Team, Buy decisions
- Upstream purchasing techniques deployment, especially Co-Development, Co-Engineering, Value Engineering, Value Analysis, Functional Analysis, Cost Analysis
- Knowledge of procurement tools such as E-ACQ
- Proven track record of working cooperatively with Engineering and R&T teams
- Ability to use ERP systems including Oracle (B1) and / or SAP
- Comfortable presenting to end customers during bid or project phases
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved, all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MPD Security Clearance (SC level). This SC clearance will be sponsored by the client.
The successful candidate will be required to work a 5 day week Monday to Friday.