Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Benefits
7 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a Procurement Assistant - Milton Keynes.
Working within a dynamic and expanding procurement and contract management function, the Assistant Procurement Specialist will be assist in the sourcing goods and services across; Facilities, ICT, Passive and Active Engineering, Operations and Travel. The Assistant Procurement Specialist will support in the tender process across these areas and will also be contributor to the achievement of broader, procurement and contract management strategies.
* Assist the development and implementation of procurement strategy and policies
* Assist in the procurement of goods and services across; IT, Facilities, Travel, Engineering and Materials including undertaking certain self-managed procurements.
* Assist in the management of procurement department data to help form procurement strategy
* Support the identification and implementation of cost saving initiatives.
* Draft standard template reports and agreements.
* Maintain a register of approved suppliers and ensure that data is accurate and relevant.
* Creating databases and registers of information as directed.
* Issuing Pre-Qualification documentation, distributing returned submissions to appropriate decision makers.
* Undertaking the creation of purchase orders for good and services to support the business.
* Provide negotiation assistance to the Supply Chain Manager
* Updating Procurement and Contract Management databases
* Acting as an initial point of contact for incoming enquires from prospective suppliers and referring to other procurement team members for further dialogue and engagement.
* General administrative support across the wider Procurement department
* Finance and Legal Team
* Operations Department
* Commercial Department
* Other Group companies
Knowledge & Experience
* 2-3 years experience in the procurement of direct and/or indirect goods & services as a Junior/Assistant within the procurement environment.
* Skilled in the use of Excel and Word software.
* A formed understanding of general procurement principles and commercial accumen
* Knowledge of Coupa sourcing and procurement system.
* Experience of the telecoms industry
* 5 GCSE's or above
* Working toward a CIPS qualification
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information