Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
16 days ago
Our client based in Grangemouth are looking for Procurement Tactical Support and for someone with experience of procurement or supply chain operations to play a key role in the delivery and support of a busy period of growth. This is a contract role, initially for 6 months.
* The key requirement of this role is to ensure that the materials and services are supplied to meet the business requirements.
* Transactional Procurement activity - Placement of orders <£25K.
* Contract ownership of selected services including liaising with internal customers. .
* Ownership and maintenance of procurement tools and reports
* Ensure that security of supply for materials or services allocated are maintained to the correct technical specification, safely and on schedule to meet operational requirements.
* As part of the procurement tactical team support the business in ensuring that Purchase Requests are processed efficiently to Purchase Orders.
* Maintain transactional support tools (web buying, use of procurement cards)
* Interface with internal customers (Asset Engineers and support functions e.g. HR, Amenities, HSE) to engage appropriate support contracts for the business.
* Report generation of management information on Procurement KPI's.
Candidates must also have experience and understanding of the following:
* Experience in a procurement department within a medium to large business.
* Disciplined administration skills.
* IT skills including excel, word, SAP & Database analysis would be advantageous.
* Self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
* Pro-active in identifying and highlighting problems of supply early and looking for solutions with whichever group is required and be strong in negotiating solutions with suppliers.
* Ability to remain calm and think clearly to deliver solutions when difficult scenarios arise such as potential delays to orders, changes to production plans.