£24000 - £28000 per annum
8 months ago
Procurement Analyst: - Based Northwich in Cheshire
18-24 Month Fixed Term Role
Job purpose statement:
Procurement Analyst supports procurement by collecting, analyzing, and managing data to provide key insights for actionable improvements in the procurement process. The Procurement Analyst will become a key member of the team by designing and building operational reports using analytical rigor and technical expertise to produce fact based summary information in report form and dashboards, enabling the business to gain insights and make operational improvements.
The Procurement Analyst will have a key role within the team to assist in the automation, systematically improving workflow and processes within the department resulting in more efficient processes and transparent reporting with increased governance.
- This person will map out the 'as is' and 'to be' processes validating key operational performance metrics and service levels required to be measured from both internal and externally provided data sources.
- Performance Reporting: Implement, Populate, Track and report metrics to measure Procurements value creation and people performance, aligned to objectives around value delivery, service delivery, efficient support and governance.
- Analyze third-party spend to identify savings opportunities, ensuring compliance with the savings methodology, and working with sourcing, Finance and business unit stakeholders to identify, track and report savings
- Partnering with sourcing category leaders, develop, manage and report on supplier performance metrics
- The position will be responsible for data mining, cleansing and verifying the accuracy of data used in the development and implementation of complex models and decision frameworks.
- This person will be managing large amounts of transactional records which require query experience (i.e. SQL) to provide multi-variable solutions using various tools, ie Access, Business Objects, etc. and should be able to build reporting solutions, ie dashboards, databases, etc
- From time to time, the position will be called upon to prepare and present reports to procurement leadership.
- Develop applications expertise in all technologies that encompasses the procurement and contract life cycle (e.g. supplier qualification, supplier maintenance, supplier performance, procuring of goods and services, invoicing, etc.)
- Serve as named support contact with vendors to submit, track and resolve technical issues submit system enhancement requests for consideration test system functionally enhancements and determine impact to current system and business processes.
- Developing supporting procedures, training manuals and user documentation.
- Develop and implement framework and technologies for spend analytics and data visualization, and assist with improvement of contract database, supplier database.
- Create a Google web page or equivalent intranet site for publishing supplier information which suppliers can subscribe to for updates (e.g. permits, inductions, site rules, invites to tenders, apply to prequalify themselves for certain categories of work etc.)
- Configure and implement E-Sourcing functionality within SAP Ariba e.g.(PQQ, RFI, RFP, E-auctions, Project Workflow). Analyze supplier responses to help sourcing and business partners measure responses.
Minimum Kowledge requirement - Educational attainment required to carry out role effectively and well. e.g. GCSE 's Levels, ONC, HNC, Degree, Masters, PHD, CIMA, Chartered Mechanical Engineer, etc.)
Bachelors degree in information technology, business or a related discipline.
2+ years of data and financial analysis experience
2+ years of Procurement, Supply Chain or Logistics (including Stores, Warehouse or Stock management)
Technical support experience supporting purchasing systems or financial operations systems.
Experience of Virtualisation tools, Business Intelligence, writing and executing SQL queries
Experience of data mining, data storage, data analysis, reporting and dashboard creation
Understanding software platforms that support the key Procurement / Finance activities (e.g. SAP, Ariba, Contracts DB, Intranet development, Qlikview etc.)
You will be successful in this role if you understand the procure to pay life-cycle, a proven track record of critical and analytical problem solving, and can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication with an aptitude for putting in place system solutions.
* Experience working on complex Intercompany processes
* Working in a fast moving environment with multiple stakeholders
* Excellent attention to detail producing a high level of accuracy
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
* A strong personal drive & self-motivation.
* Ability to organise time and workload to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Has a passion for using data to drive better decision making
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict-resolutions skills.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving skills.
* The ability to quickly absorb new technologies and features.
* Strong desire for continuous improvement.
* Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics Ability to measure against those standards Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics visually e.g. Dashboards, Management Reports