£19860.00 - £22066.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Title: Procurement Assistant
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Administrator for a permanent position based in Northwich, in Cheshire.
Job purpose statement:
To provide administration support as required to the operational sites, finance and procurement by ensuring accurate data capture relating to materials orders, material shipments and deliveries, operational usage and resultant stock balances.
To assist the direct and indirect buyers with administrative duties.
- The role involves collating all materials receipts and accurately recording the weighbridge quantities delivered in the relevant spreadsheet pertaining to that key material. Querying any inconsistent or missing information with the supplier directly to resolve any queries.
- Liaise with the operational sites daily to confirm the usage of the materials and resultant stock levels and enter this data into the relevant spreadsheets to calculate and validate the balancing stock levels.
- Follow instructions from the Materials buyer to forecast weekly demand and confirm delivery quantities required for the following period. Confirm any changes in planned usage and thus requirements directly with the supplier.
- Ensure that any additional charges for demurrage, cancellations or late changes in requirements are noted on the appropriate spreadsheet and a purchase requisition is raised for the additional charges.
- Ensure the sites conduct end of month stock checks (at a minimum) on raw materials to enable validation against material spreadsheets to make any adjustments/ write offs necessary.
- Urgently escalate any supply issues, delays, cancellations or none conformances to the Material Buyer or Purchasing Manager with respect to raw materials.
- Receipt in the quantities delivered against the Purchase Order for the relevant materials-
- Validate any invoice discrepancies against the material spreadsheets-
- Creation of Purchase Requisitions/ Orders for authorisation/receipting using SAP for various area's in the department.
- Support the wider Operational Procurement Team as required, mainly the indirect and direct buying team. Including, helping to look after the company vehicle procurement, purchasing of fuel, and managing waste collection paperwork.
- GCSE/ O Level Maths and English min C
- Good working knowledge of SAP MM
- Good Excel capability
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data recording
- Ideally: Stock control knowledge/ experience
- Previous Administrative experience
- Good knowledge of the P2P process
- Good knowledge of stock control, planning and business impact
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data management
- Confident interpersonal skills to liaise with both internal and external stakeholder
- Good Communication Skills and the ability to work in a busy environment
- Ability to analyse data and identify trends, issues and opportunities
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on /01617-.071-.516