Up to £13.00 per hour
11 months ago
Procurement Administrator; £13.00/hr PAYE ; Aberdeen; Contract; 2 months; Shift Pattern
(40 hours - rotating shifts MONDAY - FRIDAY SHIFT PATTERNS: 0700 - 1530 / 0800 - 1630 / 1400 - 2230)
We are working with our client based in Aberdeen who are looking for a Procurement Administrator who will form part of the operational procurement team which is responsible for the timely processing of requisitions for materials and services, placing of purchase orders.
Responsible for expediting of indirect purchase orders to ensuring on time delivery they are procured within budget to support the business contractual service delivery requirements.
You will support the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain in the implementation of the regional supply chain strategy, group policies and the utilisation of preferred suppliers as directed by the Head of Function. This will include meeting regulatory requirements defined in the maintenance organisation exposition and the regional and group financial governance.
The role will actively support the Indirect Buyer to ensure the on time delivery of materials and services and shall also demonstrate professional behaviours, promoting best practice and processes at all times.
Areas of Accountability / Responsibility
- Responsible for processing purchase requisitions and the successful placement of compliant and appropriately authorised purchase orders with suppliers when required
- To log invoice queries on the tracker and liaise with the buyers to resolve any discrepancies that prevent the invoice being paid.
- Expediting of all outstanding purchase orders on a weekly basis. Provide an update on expected delivery dates to the order originator and maintain a log of poorly performing supplier which should be reported to the Head of Procurement on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the receipting of goods and services when the orders are confirmed as complete.
- To liaise with the buyer to assist in the resolution of any vendor queries that relate to Indirect Purchase Orders.
- To create a savings log and keep an accurate record of savings achieved. Scan all quotes into a database for future reference and auditing.
- To assist the buyer to add any required new suppliers to IAS. To create a data base for all new suppliers and file all new supplier questionnaires in the appropriate files for auditing purposes.
- Attend meetings and action any required tasks as necessary.
- To ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and support the functional key performance indicators within the department.
- To carry out any other task as requested by your Line Manager
- Previous exposure to a procurement role would be advantageous.
- Experience of delivering a high-quality service in a fast-paced procurement environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to develop good relationships with people at all levels.
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Able to work under pressure, to set and achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work (a positive can do attitude)
- Experience of using SAGE & IAS software packages would be of benefit.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential (1-2 years)
- Minimum qualifications
- English and Maths GCSE or National 4 or above
- Exposure to aviation certification requirements
- Ability to interpret and implement supply chain strategies
- CIPS qualification preferred but not essential
- Relevant business qualification desirable but not essential
- Well organised, task and results focused, able to prioritise work scheduling with little supervision.
- Able to complete all tasks accurately and to a high standard using Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a strong safety ethos with associated high standards.
- Able communicator - verbal and written
- Promote and develop a team approach in work, promoting the success of the Operational Procurement Team.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy