3 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Process Technologist for our client, a leading Aerospace Manufacturer.
Within this role, you will be responsible for the support and analytical control of the manufacturing special processes
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of laboratory procedures, data cards and work instructions.
- Preparation and testing of metallographic samples for: Plasma Coatings, Braze, EDM, Resistance Weld, Welding / LASER welding, Laser cutting. Makeup of etches and lab solutions.
- Perform routine testing (hardness, alpha case, etc). Electrolytic etching and chemical stripping of production parts.
- Analysing and recording data, technical qualification and failure investigation supported by the production of written laboratory reports.
- Engineering support for materials and special processes.
- Review of production Planning (job cards) & FAIRs
- Supporting and maintaining business approvals (customer / NADCAP).
- NADCAP & customer audit preparation. Carry out internal quality auditing, Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigation and formulation of non-conformance responses.
- Providing technical support and training in special processes.
- Support the introduction of new processes and equipment.
- Customer and supplier liaison on technical issues.
We are keen to hear from candidates who have experience in the above, however, Graduates with an Academic background in Metallurgical or Material Science will also be considered.